Resin surgery, that is.
It has taken me many an hour to get the resin head (the real one and not the practice one) to the point where it is ready for paint. The going was slow. I didn’t want to ruin the head. I didn’t want to sand off too much and regret it. Therefore, I proceeded at a much slower and more cautious pace than most likely necessary. However, the deed is finally done, and to this point, without mishap. Whew! I hope to begin painting very soon. I have no idea how resin takes paint. So, now that the surgery is over, a new leg of the journey begins! Wish me luck!
From left to right, the progression of the resin head: